Home » , » Plane - Movie Review | Plane Movie explained

Plane - Movie Review | Plane Movie explained

 Plane Movie Reviews | Plane Movie explained 



STORY LINE 

Brodie Torrance saves his passengers from a lightning strike by making a risky landing on a war-torn island – only to find that surviving the landing was just the beginning. When most of the passengers are taken hostage by dangerous rebels, the only person Torrance can count on for help is Louis Gaspare, an accused murderer who was being transported by the FBI. In order to rescue the passengers, Torrance will need Gaspare’s help, and will learn there’s more to Gaspare than meets the eye.

Stars Gerard Butler and Mike Coulter and is in fact about a plane a pilot finds

himself caught in a war zone after he's

forced to land his commercial aircraft

during a terrible storm he was also

transporting a convict played by Mike

Coulter on that flight and now the two

of them as well as a bunch of passengers are forced to try and survive and before we get into the rest of the review I think I really like January when it comes to movies I do I don't know what it is but it's so unpredictable okay if

you tell me that the summer is going to

have a bunch of really cool big movies

I'm like yeah well I know that's how it

always goes if you tell me that

Christmas is going to have another

influx of big movies and family

entertainment I'm like well yeah I mean

that's what happens you cannot predict

January January is a wild card Megan

proved that the first week of January

horror movie with some comedy involved and it was really good but then you get your random Liam Neeson action films or split even and suddenly January becomes unpredictable and I really like that I can go to a theater in

January and be like this could be the

worst movie I have ever seen in my life

or it could just be a really fun time

but also another thing that Hollywood

has been doing lately is they're kind of

just putting movies in January that are

just about escapism just about going to

the theater and having fun they're not

as well made as movies like top gun

Maverick but they're still about that

and only that and that is exactly the

movie that plane is Gerard Butler is

really good in this movie and I mean

that genuinely I think he's great in

these kinds of movies he's perfect for

them and he really does put a lot of

effort into the stunts and into the

emotion there's one fight scene that's

simulated one take I believe it seemed

like there were some hidden Cuts in

there and he's getting his head pushed

back against a desk and the stunt actor

has his hand all through his mouth and

eyes and it was like you're really out

there Gerard Butler good job man he's

he's damn good in this movie and this

film at its core is essentially Air

Force One meets Behind Enemy Lines far smaller budget than those films I would say definitely far smaller than Air

Force One which I would really like to

make a video about Air Force One I

really think that's an underrated film I

have a lot to say about that movie

actually I didn't think they were able

to crack another structure for Behind

Enemy Lines and they kind of did hear in the idea that you've got a pilot who has slightly violent past with an

altercation with a former passenger who

attacked him and so you see that he's

got some I don't know about rage issues

but he has the ability to take a guy

down on and of course Mike coulter's

character as a convict who's being

transported has a very dark past and you throw these two literally in a jungle as well as a bunch of hostages this is like an instant cell kind of screenplay

scenario no this is not a perfect movie

it is kind of directed a bit haphazardly

there's a lot of shaky things going on

and it doesn't really feel like there's

a vision it does kind of feel like uh

Paul Green Grass style light it's just

uh mostly handheld you know like a

Michael Mann style and it doesn't always work but when it does it really works and there are some very intense

sequences that are surprisingly white

knuckled including the initial Crash

Landing as well as mini sequences

involving the hostages as well as mini

sequences involving the group of men

that they run into on the island and as

soon as you realize what's going on with

those guys it actually gets surprisingly

dark and very violent the movie is very

bloody and there are some moments that actually took me by surprise so this is a lot that I like here it's a 90s style

action movie combined with two action

films I've always sort of enjoyed Behind

Enemy Lines is a very very cheesy movie and Air Force One has its moments too but God do I love that movie and it's also rated R and it's just a violent action movie coming out in January and this is one of those sort of Surprises by no means is this movie going to break any records and it's it's got nothing to say about its politics and it's certainly 100 is not going to wow

anybody but from the audience members in my theater that routinely clapped and shouted whenever something cool happened

I think people will really enjoy the

film if they go to see it and for my

money it's the kind of film I really

like to watch every once in a while a

movie that knows exactly what it is I'm

not going to say the word mindless

because I don't really

I don't really give that word too much

attention anymore I think that even

films that most people might call

Mindless had a lot of thought put into

them and I disagree with that

wholeheartedly I think the structure of

the movie works really well from a

screenplay standpoint there will be

pilots who watch this movie who scoff at

everything and that's fine what works

about the movie is Gerard Butler and

Mike Coulter they have great chemistry

together uh the action scenes are very

violent and I love that and I felt

legitimately tense from the first

thunderstorm that takes the plane down

all the way through you know there were

moments where it kind of had lulls they

cut back to people on the ground trying

to figure things out very much like Air

Force One and Glenn Close as the vice

president and I didn't think those

sequences had the urgency that the

sequences in the jungle did but for a

movie called plane you get exactly what

you paid for I do think this is a really

fun January movie and so far this

January is good and I would like to

continue seeing good January movies guys thank you so much.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © 2015 All Movies Explained
Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates